Sunday, December 7, 2008

Snowfall

So Brady and I come downstairs late this AM, still groggy from our 'Guys night' with the women of the family in Boston. We stayed up late switching channels between the age appropriate 'Wedding Crashers' and the timeless family classic 'The Punisher' (he chose 'The Punisher'). He waddles into the living room to put on 'his show' and I head to the kitchen to fulfill my master's demands with a fresh sippy cup of milk.
When I see the thin covering of snow on the porch I call to him to come look outside. He enters the kitchen with an inquisitive look, cocks his head and asks 'Huh?... Where?'.
'Outside, Buddy. Go to the sliders and tell me what you see.'
Brady runs to the sliders and examines what's before him.
'Well, I see a bug right there.' He says while peering intently on the glass and pointing at the little insect clinging outside.
As I laugh I say, 'No, No, Bubba..', I know I hardly ever call him by his given name, '...look outside, what's ON the porch right now?'
After a few beats he excitedly declares 'Oh! Snow! Yeah! And lil bit rain too.... Where me milk, Daddy?'

Ahhh, the excitement of the first rain/snow mix of the season as we say goodbye to the last bug of the fall. It's great to enjoy those same memories with our kids as our parents did with us.