Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Boss

So I am watching the kids this AM so Lynne can go to an appointment with her dad. I tell Natalie (7) and Brady (2) that I am going to go shower and that Natalie is 'the boss'. Well, this sets off a protest by Brady."No, no, Nana, Boss! Me Boss!" I respond with controlled amusement that "Nana is in charge, you do what she says." (Bad choice of words, I know)
At this point, Natalie proves once again that she is most certainly my daughter when she gets a devilish grin on her face (obviously drunk with her newly anointed power), turns, points at Brady and says "HA HA, Dance, Brady, Dance!"
Brady immediately retorts in defiant anger "NO! No Me dance! Bad, Nana.. Bad BAD, NANA!!"
At this point I can't help but chuckle at him as I tell him to be good for "Nana" and that I will be right back. On my way out of the room I can hear Natalie over my shoulder "You heard him, Brady... C'mon... DANCE!"

LOL - I've been the younger brother before. It's fun for her now, but soon the tables will turn, he will live to torment her, he will find strength in her frustration and she won't even remember this day when she asks herself "Why? Why does he do this to me?"